About 10-15% of many common cancers are due to genetic changes, called mutations, that are passed down through families. Color is a simple test that looks at changes in 30 genes, including BRCA1 and BRCA2, to help you understand your genetic risk for breast, colorectal, melanoma, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, stomach, and uterine cancers. Using this information, you can work with your healthcare providers to develop a personalized screening plan. Purchase your Color Test and we will ship it right to your home. Once received, go to www.color.com/activate to activate your test. Either your own doctor or an independent physician will review your information and determine whether this genetic testing is appropriate. Provide your saliva sample from the comfort of your home. Mail it back to Color in the same box it came in using the prepaid postage. You will receive your confidential results online after they are reviewed by a certified medical professional. We also make it easy to share and discuss your results with your doctor so that together you can create a screening and prevention plan designed for you. In addition, you will be able to make an appointment with one of Color’s genetic counselors at no extra cost.
- Simple 30 gene test, including BRCA1 and BRCA2, to learn your genetic risk for cancer
- Results can help you and your healthcare provider create a personalized plan
- Provide a saliva sample from the convenience of your home
- Speak with our board-certified genetic counselors, at no extra cost, to help you understand your results
- All Color Tests are physician-ordered. Either your own doctor or an independent physician will review your purchase and determine whether this genetic testing is appropriate.