Color’s Hereditary High Cholesterol Test analyzes 3 genes currently known to cause most Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) cases, a hereditary high cholesterol condition. About 1 in 50 people with high cholesterol are born with FH. FH is a hereditary condition that causes very high cholesterol levels from an early age and can increase your risk of coronary heart disease. FH can be managed successfully and if you have the condition, you should work with your healthcare provider to develop a personalized treatment plan. Purchase your Color test and we will ship it right to your home. Once received, go to www.color.com/activate to activate your test. Either your own doctor or an independent physician will review your information and determine whether this genetic testing is appropriate. Provide your saliva sample from the comfort of your home. Mail it back to Color in the same box it came in using the prepaid postage. You will receive your confidential results online after they are reviewed by a certified medical professional. We also make it easy to share and discuss your results with your doctor so that together you can create a screening and prevention plan designed for you. In addition, you will be able to make an appointment with one of Color’s genetic counselors at no extra cost.
- Learn if you have a hereditary cholesterol condition called Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- Results can help you and your healthcare provider create a personalized cholesterol-lowering plan
- Provide a saliva sample from the convenience of your home
- Speak with our board-certified genetic counselors, at no extra cost, to help you understand your results
- All Color tests are physician-ordered. Either your own doctor or an independent physician will review your purchase and determine whether this genetic testing is appropriate.