How it works
1)Take the test from the comfort of your home in just 2 minutes – simply swab your cheek.
2) Use the pre-labeled envelope included in the kit to mail your sample to the MyHeritage DNA lab for analysis.
3) View your results online in 4 weeks.
What can I learn from a DNA test?
MyHeritage DNA provides two fascinating types of results:
Ethnicity Estimate: A percentage breakdown of your ancestral background, showing your ancestors’ origins from among 42 ethnicities, including Irish, Italian, North African, Japanese, East Asian, and many others. MyHeritage has the largest pool of supported ethnicities in the industry.
DNA Matching: This powerful feature uses your DNA to help you find new relatives from all around the world. Your matches, from both your mother’s and father’s side, will include information about your shared genetic sequences, and identify your estimated relationship.
Are there any extra costs involved in seeing my results?
No. The cost of your DNA kit already covers your Ethnicity Estimate and the DNA Matching service.
What are the benefits of testing other family members?
Purchasing DNA kits for additional family members is recommended. Testing one or both parents allows you to obtain additional information about your DNA Matches. For example, you’ll be able to learn whether a match is paternal or maternal. Because of the nature of genetic inheritance, your siblings may get different ethnicity results than you. Comparing your results can help you learn even more about your ancestry.
How is my privacy protected?
Our U.S.-based DNA lab is CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited, adhering to the strictest standards of privacy. Your account and personal details are secured by multiple layers of encryption. We do not share results with any third parties.
- Discover your ancestry and find relatives you never knew existed on both your maternal and paternal sides.
- Get a detailed ethnicity breakdown with the most comprehensive list of ethnicities in the industry: 42 regions, including 7 East Asian regions.
- Simple DNA test kit with a cheek swab – takes only 2 minutes to complete.
- Huge global database enables you to get worldwide DNA Matches.
- Affordable price – includes access to test results. Uses the highest technological standards.