DNA testing can serve as a powerful tool that unlocks the hidden information within our bodies for family history research. This book explains how genetic genealogy works and answers the questions of genealogists and individuals seeking information on their family trees.
• Presents an overview to genealogical principles and an introduction to DNA testing for nonexpert audiences
• Explains how genetic genealogy can provide data from within our bodies that tells us about who we are, who our ancestors were, and what characteristics our descendants may have
• Addresses key legal and ethical issues regarding DNA testing
• Describes the accepted protocols of DNA collection, handling, processing, evaluation, and interpretation that make DNA information more reliable than the other kinds of genealogical information
- Nextgen Genealogy The DNA Connection